Consumer Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described on this page. Please note that your rights vary depending upon your location, and that we may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request as required or permitted by applicable law. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you or to comply with a legal obligation. In some circumstances, if you still ask us to delete your information, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
European Union Resident Privacy Rights
- If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you may request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- delete certain information that we are holding about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update or rectify information that is out of date or incorrect
- oppose, cancel, or restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com, and include “EU Data Subject Request” in the subject line.
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect.
How we source, use, and share these categories of personal information.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
CCPA Rights Disclosure.
- If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) to make certain requests related to your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
The CCPA further provides you with the right not to be discriminated against (as provided in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may request information from you so that we can match two or more data points provided by you with data points maintained by us. If we are unable to verify you through the foregoing methods, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a user’s behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CCPA Consumer Request” in the subject, or submit your request here.
Shine the Light Disclosure.
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Nevada Resident Privacy Rights
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined by Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us at email@example.com, and including “NV Sale Opt Out Request” in the subject line. Please note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.