Mull Over The Good Times
If you love the smell of aromatic spices and warm cinnamon then mulled wine is the perfect hot tail for you. Mulled wine is a great way to warm up and get cozy with family and friends, especially since National Mulled Wine Day is upon us.
Mulled Wine dates all the way back to Ancient Rome where they would boil wine with honey and spices then blend the mixture with higher quality wine to finish it off before serving. That said, you can make your Mulled Wine however you like with whatever spices you desire to taste. Don’t be afraid to make the recipe your own!
Alternatively, if Mulled Wine isn’t your thing then you can also mull Apple Cider.
- 1 bottle dry red wine (like Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 large orange, sliced (plus more for garnish)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 3 star anise (plus more for garnish)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2-6 Tbsp honey, to taste
- 1 cup vodka
- 1-ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Whichever recipe you decide to make be sure to enjoy it in your Ember Mug² so that your beverage stays warm from the first sip to the last.