We are all gearing up for a unique holiday, and whether you are spending it with your loved ones in person, or gathering virtually over Zoom, we've got just the treat for you: a delish RumChata eggnog. The cinnamon spice of RumChata (think rum + horchata) makes this creamy liqueur ideal for warm holiday cocktails.
Thanks to its simplicity, this RumChata eggnog is a delicious drink even your least culinary-inclined loved ones won’t mind whipping up. No matter if your friends and family are near or far, share the warmth and serve it up hot to spread the warm fuzzies all around. Make this drink even more festive by keeping it toasty in our special Ember Mug² : Metallic Collection.
Served at 137°F (58°C)
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz RumChata
- 8 oz of your favorite eggnog, store bought or homemade* or make your own with the ingredients below
- Whipped cream for topping
- Cinnamon sticks, crushed candy canes, or caramel drizzle for garnish
- 2- 4 oz additional rum or whiskey (optional)
If you’d like to make your own eggnog, use these ingredients:
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Combine eggnog and RumChata in saucepan over medium heat
- Stir occasionally until warm but not boiling
- Split into four mugs
- Add additional 1 - 2 oz. rum or whiskey according to taste
- Top with whipped cream and desired garnishes
Make your own eggnog
For a richer and creamier eggnog taste, try making your own with the directions below. Our version has less sugar and stronger spice than most store bought versions.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth and slowly beat in ¼ cup of sugar
- Warm milk and spices on stovetop over medium heat (do not let boil)
- Slowly add a little warm milk at a time to egg yolks, whisking constantly to avoid curdling
- Return to egg/milk mixture to saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick enough to stick to the back of the spoon
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and heat until warm again
- Optional: Beat the four remaining egg whites with 1 tsp of sugar and fold into the eggnog. We recommend using pasteurized eggs to avoid eating raw eggs.
Whether you’re sipping on your favorite store bought eggnog or feeling like a master mixologist for making your own, we think you’ll love this spicy take on a holiday favorite. We recommend enjoying it in your Ember Mug² at a perfect 137°F.
Bulletproof Coffee, or ‘Keto Coffee’ is all the rage; learn how to make bulletproof coffee and explore the claimed health benefits of this new coffee trend.