Caramel Apple Cider
When the leaves put on their fiery coats and the air turns crisp, it's time to cozy up with a caramel apple cider. With its rich caramel sweetness, mix of fall spices, and crisp bite of apple, it's the perfect brew to warm your fall days. Enjoy this rich treat on a chilly afternoon with a good book or a movie marathon. In the mood to share? This caramel apple cider will be a hit for everyone at the next family gathering. Young and old will agree, this caramel apple cider embodies all the flavors of fall.
Served at 138°F (58°C)
- In a medium sized pot, combine the apple cider, caramel sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and ground nutmeg.
- Over medium heat, let the mixture gently simmer while stirring occasionally until the caramel sauce and brown sugar have completely melted into the cider.
- Let the pot come to a rolling boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the spices to mingle in the cider.
- Remove the pot from the heat and strain the cider through a fine mesh sieve, then discard the cinnamon sticks and anise.
- Finally, pour this autumn brew into your Ember Mug and set to 138ºF. Ciders are typically meant to be enjoyed quite hot, but feel free to adjust in our Ember App to suit your taste.
Your cider, your way!
- Drizzle the rim of your Ember Mug with some caramel syrup so there’s a little extra caramel in every sip.
- By all means, top your cider with whipped cream!
- Want to spice up your cider? Grab an extra stick of cinnamon in there to kick the spice factor up a notch. Either way you can’t go wrong!
Looking for more fall recipes?
- Try some of our favorite fall recipes on Degrees° of Ember.
Whether it’s going on a brisk walk to see the Autumn leaves change color or making a pot to be shared with family and loved ones, be sure to savor your Caramel Apple Cider in your Ember Mug 2.