Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars are a holiday kitchen essential, offering both simplicity and indulgence. Picture this: an uncomplicated graham cracker crust, a layer of gooey condensed milk, and the rich combination of chocolate, coconut, and pecans, all effortlessly coming together. These treats deliver a deliciously stress-free baking experience during the busy holiday season and promise to be the star of festive gatherings, providing a delightful sweet escape for family and friends. Get ready to make this recipe an annual tradition that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Microwave butter in a microwave-safe bowl until liquid or chop the butter into small pieces and place in a heat-safe bowl over boiling water, stir until rendered liquid.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in the same bowl and mix with a spatula until the crumbs are covered with the butter.
- Add the mixture to the greased baking pan. Using your hands to press the buttery crumb mixture down into the baking pan to form the crust.
- Blanket the crust with flaked coconut. Then evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips and finish with the layer of pecans.
- Evenly drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over everything. Don’t worry about it looking perfect. The condensed milk will melt in and the end result will look gorgeous when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the graham cracker crust is lightly browned. Then remove from oven and let cool for a couple of hours before cutting.
- When mixture has cooled completely. Use a spatula or knife to cut into bars before serving.
Properly storing your Magic Cookie Bars
Store covered at room temperature or in a closed container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Personalize Your Magic Cookie Bars
We gave you the blueprint, now make them your own! Add whatever you want to your cookie bars to suit your favorites. Some additions to get you thinking include:
Looking for the perfect beverage pairing for your Magic Cookie Bars?
Looking for a Fruitful Friendship this year? Try a citrus surprise with our zesty orange hot chocolate
In the mood for something sweet? Get your caffeine fix with a spiced pear and honey latte.
Feeling festive? Enjoy a apple crisp macchiato that's both fresh and heartwarming.
Now that you have your Magic Cookie Bars baked and ready to share with loved ones, you’ll need a delicious holiday-themed beverage to wash them down. We can’t think of a better way to enjoy such a treat than at the perfect temperature in an Ember Mug 2 or Ember Cup.