The Best Hot Cocoa Ever
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the milk and heavy cream. Whisk until it resembles a light foam, making sure not to burn it. Stir in the sugar, cocoa powder, and your pinch of salt until everything is mixed, checking for clumps.
- Add in the chocolate chips constantly stirring until they fully dissolve for a smooth consistency.
- Pour in an Ember Mug 2 and enjoy!
Make the best hot cocoa even better!
- Add some marshmallows to your mug
- What’s cocoa without some whipped cream?
- Crush some candy cane or peppermint bark on top
- Shaved chocolate is always a classy touch
- Drizzle with your choice of caramel or chocolate sauce
Looking for more holiday recipes?
Want christmas in a mug? Try our Peppermint White Chocolate Eggnog
Are you dreaming of a White Chocolate Mocha?
Like a little spice in your season? Chai Spiced White Hot Chocolate
We hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as we do. Just remember that there’s nothing like hot cocoa at the perfect temperature in an Ember Mug 2.