Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
It’s the drink that launched a thousand pumpkin-spice flavored products - the famous pumpkin spice latte (PSL). The PSL may have earned its fame in coffee shops, but making this cup of sweet, fall flavors at home is surprisingly easy.
Bonus: Our version is far lower in sugar than the typical PSL, so go ahead...have two.
Served at 135°F (57°C)
- 6 oz of milk of choice
- 1 double shot of espresso (about 2 oz) or 4 oz strongly brewed coffee
- 1 Tbsp pureed pumpkin
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice mix or make your own with the ingredients below
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey (or more to taste)
- Whipped cream to top
- Cinnamon for topping
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional – for the golden pumpkin spice latte)
Make your own Pumpkin Spice Mix
If you’d like to substitute the pumpkin spice mix, use these ingredients:
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- Pinch of ginger
- Brew your espresso or strong coffee and pour into your heated coffee mug.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk over medium low heat and whisk in pumpkin, spices, vanilla, and sweetener until smooth. Take care not to let the milk scald or boil.
- Optional: Add ½ tsp turmeric (see below)
- Remove milk from heat once it reaches 155°F - 165°F or once it starts to produce steam.
- Froth milk mixture using a steaming wand, blender, hand mixer, french press, or milk frother.
- Pour milk mixture over coffee, top with a few dollops whipped cream, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Golden Pumpkin Spice Latte
For a new take on the traditional pumpkin spice latte, combine it with the flavors of our golden turmeric latte. The warm distinctive spice of turmeric complements the classic fall spices.
Simply add ½ tsp of turmeric powder to your milk along with your pumpkin spices and follow the pumpkin spice latte directions as normal.