Unwind on St. Patrick’s Day with an authentic Irish coffee. This easy recipe shows how you can use your Ember Mug² to make a festive favorite.
Pair this boozy coffee with our Irish-inspired music playlist below. Sip & listen while you imagine yourself posted up at your favorite Irish pub.
We recommend serving this Irish coffee at 136°F, a slightly higher than average temperature which supports a smooth, deep blend of the rich ingredients.
Served at 136°F (58°C)
- 4 ounces hot water
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 4 ounces brewed coffee
- 1 ½ ounces Irish whiskey
- 2 ounces heavy cream for topping
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Fill Ember Mug² with 4 ounces hot water and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Pour out water and add 1 teaspoon light brown sugar to mug.
- Pour 4 ounces hot coffee into mug and stir to dissolve sugar. Then, pour in 1 ½ ounces whiskey.
- In a separate bowl whisk 2 ounces of cream until soft peaks form (cream should be thick but still pourable). This can be done with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Top coffee with cream by gently pouring the whisked cream over the back of a warm spoon. This will form a thick layer on top of the coffee.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.