Just in time for the holidays, we’re proud to partner with Equator coffee roasters to present their Holiday Blend as the star of our Shortbread Latte. Equator’s Holiday blend boasts a smooth profile with hints of cranberry jam, poached pear, and shortbread cookies. That’s why we had to pair it with a simple homemade shortbread syrup that you can add to virtually any hot beverage this season for an extra pinch of buttery sweet holiday cheer.
- 2 oz of Equator Holiday Blend espresso
- 1 cup milk (of choice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp butter extract
Equator: Holiday Blend
Origin: Guatemala, Ethiopia, and Nicaragua
Process: Washed, Natural
Tasting Notes: shortbread, cranberry jam, & poached pearSHOP EMBER BREWS
How to make shortbread syrup
- In a small pot on low heat, bring sugar and water to a simmer. Stir or whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- As the sugar and water simmer, the mixture will reduce to half the original volume. At this point, add your vanilla and butter extracts.
- Stir in the extracts for a couple of minutes so the flavors can mingle. Then remove the pot from heat.
- Let the syrup cool for 15 minutes before transferring it into an airtight bottle for storage.
How to make the latte
- Begin brewing the coffee.
- Add the milk to a small saucepan and place over low heat. Whisk the milk until it begins to resemble a light foam.
- While the coffee is brewing, in an Ember Mug², add the ½ to 1 ounce of Shortbread syrup
- Add the coffee and steamed milk to the mug.
Enjoy Shortbread Lattes all Winter long
Store your Shortbread syrup in an airtight container of your choosing and place it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Want to add some extra holiday cheer to your Shortbread Latte?
- Top your latte with whipped cream
- Crumble your favorite cookie on top of that whipped cream
- Sprinkle cinnamon, cardamom, or brown sugar for a new dimension of flavor
Looking for more holiday recipes?
Looking for other cookie + latte inspiration? Try our gingerbread latte.
Do you love peppermint and chocolate? Look no further than our peppermint mocha recipe.
Experience a twist on a old-fashioned holiday tradition and indulge in the ultimate comfort drink, our rumchata eggnog.
Once you’ve made your shortbread latte, throw on your favorite holiday sweater and cozy up with loved ones. However you decide to drink your latte, we recommend enjoying it at the perfect temperature in an Ember Mug.