It just isn’t the holiday season without gingerbread. That said, we’re elevating your holiday coffee experience with our enticing Gingerbread Mocha, featuring Methodical’s Play Nice coffee. This delightful recipe combines the rich and robust essence of coffee with the warm, comforting notes of gingerbread spice, creating a decadent mocha that encapsulates the spirit of the season. In this recipe, we’re going to show you how to create your own batch of gingerbread syrup that you’ll be able to enjoy any time. Get ready to indulge in the perfect fusion of aromatic coffee, rich chocolate, and yuletide spices for a sip that will bring joy to your morning routine.
- ¾ cup water
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 oz Methodical Play Nice or espresso of your choice
- 2 tbsp gingerbread syrup
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Methodical: Play Nice
Origin: Guatemala and Ethiopia
Varietals: 70% Ixlama, 30% Guji Natural
Process: Washed, Natural
Tasting Notes: Chocolate, brown sugar & berriesSHOP EMBER BREWS
How to make the syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a medium saucepan over low heat and simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.
How to make the mocha
- Brew the coffee. Methodical recommendation: Dose of 18g with a 36g yield. Pour should last 32 seconds.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir the cocoa powder into the milk and whisk until the chocolate milk mixture develops a light foam. Be careful not to burn.
- Add Gingerbread syrup to taste an Ember Mug². We recommend 2 tablespoons of syrup, but add to your taste.
- Add the coffee to the Ember Mug², then stir in the steamed chocolate milk.
This recipe yields 9 oz of syrup so it's best to keep the gingerbread syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Add some extra cheer to your Gingerbread Mocha
- Top your mocha with whipped cream
- Add a gingerbread cookie for a garnish
- Shave some dark chocolate on top
- drizzle some caramel or chocolate sauce for extra richness
Love this recipe? Check out our other holiday beverages.
Looking for other mint + chocolate inspiration? Try our Peppermint Mocha.
Obsessed with oranges? Look no further than our Orange Hot Chocolate recipe.
Keep it classice with our hot spiced Cider recipe.
We hope this beverage brightens up your morning and brings some holiday cheer to your morning routine. Staying true to the Ember tradition, this Gingerbread Mocha is best enjoyed at the perfect temperature in an Ember Mug.