Hot Buttered Bourbon
Welcome to the comfort zone, population: You! Perfect for chilly nights, here’s a recipe for a Hot Buttered Bourbon. This rich and soothing treat promises to warm you from the inside out, making it the ideal companion for those crisp evenings. Paired with your favorite bourbon, this mixture of butter, brown sugar, and spices is a simple yet decadent way to elevate your cozy moments.
- 1 stick butter
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup bourbon
- ½ cup hot water
- Heat the water in a kettle or in a microwave-safe vessel
- In a saucepan over low heat, add the butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved into the spiced butter mixture.
- Pour the bourbon and hot water into an Ember Mug 2
- Take the butter mixture off the heat and pour it in with the bourbon and water. Stir to your preference.
Make it deluxe
- Make it even more creamy by topping it with whipped cream
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick for a little extra spice
- Dust with cinnamon or brown sugar on top
Looking for more holiday happy hour recipes?
If you’ve had a cold one you will love it hot! Our (hot) White Russian never disappoints!
Enjoy an after-dinner crowd favorite with an Irish Coffee
Unwind and cozy up with our Tequila Sunset
Get comfy and cozy during seasonal happy hours as you indulge in this buttery boozy beverage. Just be sure to enjoy it at the perfect temperature from the first sip to the last in an Ember Mug 2.