Onyx Tealight Latte
To celebrate the launch of Onyx teas on Ember Brews, we bring you this simple yet decadent recipe that tea fanatics who have visited Onyx Coffee Labs’ cafes know all too well. Onyx originally served this latte up with a shot of espresso paired with flavors of honey, vanilla, and cinnamon which inspired them to create a tea blend. Onyx’s Tealight Latte consists of black tea from a single farm in the Yunnan Province of China where it is harvested then combined with natural vanilla, crushed cinnamon, and finished with rolled oats to create an incredible creamy texture.
- 1 Onyx Tealight Sachet
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 oz vanilla syrup
- 3 oz milk of choice
Onyx Coffee Labs: Tealight Sachets
Tasting Notes: Malt, cinnamon, honey, and cream
Varietals: Dian Hong
Process: High Heat RoastedSHOP EMBER BREWS
- Boil the water in a kettle or in a small pot on the stove.
- Place the Onyx Tealight sachet in an Ember Mug 2 for steeping.
- When the water reaches a temperature of 205ºF (96.1ºC) Pour the water into the Ember Mug and set the brew time for 5 minutes. Remove the sachet once your brew time has finished.
- Pour the vanilla syrup into the tea
- Steam your milk until light and airy, being careful not to burn it. Don’t have a milk steamer? Check out our guide to steaming milk like a barista.
- Add your steamed milk to your Ember Mug so that it combines with your tea and enjoy!
One sip is all it takes to fall in love with this Super Latte.