Cinnamon Matcha Latte
This easy matcha latte recipe not only tastes amazing, but it also has wow-worthy health benefits!
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties, and is loaded with antioxidants. It provides a sweet and spicy kick to this drink.
- Matcha is a finely ground powder made from green tea leaves. Green tea is rich with antioxidants and because whole leaves are ingested when drinking matcha it is actually more potent than steeped tea.
When you combine these superfood ingredients together, the result is a smooth, tasty elixir that can act as a natural detoxifier and metabolism booster.
Since a beverage’s temperature has a huge impact on its taste, you’ll want to ensure that you’re sipping your latte at exactly 135°F. This optimal temperature can be sustained all day with your Ember Mug or Ember Travel Mug.
Served at 135°F (57°C)
- 1 scoop of matcha
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Add matcha powder into your bowl or mug of choice.
- Press whisk down on matcha several times to break up powder.
- Use whisk to mix hot water into matcha, making a green concentrate.
- Steam milk separately.
- Add steamed milk to matcha concentrate.
- Add sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Pour in Ember Mug (or Travel Mug) set at 135°F