What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Most folks begin their day with a nice hot cup of coffee. However, a small subsection of these people choose to start the day off with something called bulletproof coffee.
Bulletproof coffee, sometimes called butter coffee or keto coffee, is a creamy breakfast drink that provides a panoply of health and lifestyle benefits.
If you want to make up a cup of butter coffee for yourself and see what all the buzz is about, here is how you can recharge your morning with this delicious beverage.
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is an elixir that blends coffee with oil or butter creating a warm beverage with a consistency similar to a latte.
Like other immunity supporting coffee elixirs, proponents claim that it provides a variety of benefits, such as:
- Sustained energy levels throughout the morning
- Heightened mental clarity and focus
- Suppressed hunger
- Weight loss by way of ketosis
Butter Coffee Health Benefits
There are many benefits to bulletproof coffee, with one of the most well-known is that it can help those following the ketogenic diet reach and maintain ketosis. This is achieved, in part, thanks to the MCT oil in the coffee, which has been shown to help induce ketosis.
However, even if you aren’t on keto, butter coffee can promote weight loss. This is because bulletproof coffee is traditionally used as a breakfast substitute, as it contains MCT oil or coconut oil and grass-fed butter, thereby making you feel fuller.
Additionally, these ingredients have health benefits of their own:
- Grass-fed butter: Grass-fed butter contains lots of antioxidants, a healthy dose of vitamins A and K2, and plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties
- MCT or coconut oil: In addition to assisting ketosis, MCT oil can improve heart health, boost energy, improve skin and hair health, and much more. Much of the same is true for coconut oil, given this is often from where MCT oil is extracted.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
Making butter coffee requires few ingredients and the process is quite simple.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 – 2 tbsp grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee butter
- Brew 8 to 12 ounces of your favorite coffee using your preferred coffee brewing method.
- Add your coffee, MCT, or coconut oil, and butter of choice to a blender. If the coffee is only stirred, it will separate. If you don’t have a blender, use a milk frother to mix the ingredients.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until it looks like a latte.
- Grab your Ember Mug², pour, and enjoy!
Keto Coffee on the Go
Since butter coffee is often used as a breakfast substitute, many folks will want to drink it on the way to work, the gym, dropping the kids off at school, and other morning destinations. However, just like any other cup of coffee, bulletproof coffee isn’t very palatable cold.
Thus, if you want your keto coffee on the go, pick up an Ember Travel Mug² to keep your concoction at the perfect drinking temperature everywhere you go.
Make Your Morning Bulletproof
Starting your day off with a bulletproof brew in your favorite Ember Mug² will give you all the delicious energy needed to make today a great day.