How to Make an Instagramable Pink Beet Latte
This is the beverage built for resolutions. Save money by skipping the usual from your favorite coffee shop and make this tasty treat at home. Lattes aren’t just for coffee anymore, you can explore other options like this caffeine-free beet drink. A veggie latte may seem quite unconventional, but chances are you already have the ingredients that you need to make it in your kitchen! Rather than loading up on calorie-laden hot drinks to battle the cold, you can warm up with a healthy beet latte!
Why use beets? In addition to their gorgeous pink color, beets are low in calories and packed with nutrients. The spice of the ginger and cinnamon gives this vegan concoction a delightful kick and balances out the sweetness of the honey.
Most coffee drinks go from scalding hot (160°F+) to lukewarm in a matter of minutes. Thanks to the technology of Ember, you can enjoy your drink at its optimal temperature for longer. We recommend that you enjoy this beverage at 137°F in your Ember Mug²!
Served at 137°F (58°C)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plus ½ cup extra for foaming)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium beet - peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap beet in foil and roast for about 30 min, or until a fork easily pierces it.
- In a blender, add all ingredients, except the extra ½ cup almond milk, and blend until smooth.
- In a small pot, heat up blended beet ingredients until boiling.
- Then pass through a fine-mesh strainer or sieve. Set aside.
- Add remaining almond milk into a glass or cup and foam with the preferred method of foaming. You can use a handheld foamer, a cappuccino machine, or give it a quick spin in a high-powered blender.
- Pour blended beet ingredients into two glasses or mugs, top with foamed milk, and sprinkle extra ground ginger or cinnamon.
- Serve beverage in your Ember Mug² at 137°F.